1) Bamboo can grow up to around 3 feet in almost 24 hours. The fastest growth in the bamboo tree should be happening because, for the highest level of coordination between cell division, cell growth, and cells wall biosynthesis, optimized for continuous growth. Due to this constant growth of the bamboo tree, it has many uses, namely for building roads, for medicinal purposes, for making clothes, etc.
2) Researchers have found the smell of rosemary scent can help mental performance, increase your speed and accuracy. Rosemary contains an acid called carnosic acid, which can fight against damage by free radicals in the brain, and it is also slow the rate of aging.
3) The titan arum plant (Amorphophallus Titanium), a relative of the calla lily, can reach 10 feet in height and smells like a rotting animal. The reason why it feels may be because the plant uses its smell to divert sweat bees and beetles looking for the best place to lay their eggs.
4) Kopi luwak, one of the most expensive coffees in the world, is made from coffee cherries that are eaten, digested, and decapitated by the Asian palm civet.
5) The rainbow eucalyptus, the only Eucalyptus species found naturally in the Northern Hemisphere, is a tree that looks like it was painted, with bright green, blue, purple, orange, and maroon tones. The multi-colored streaks on its trunk come from the patches of the outer bark of a tree that is shed a year at random times, able to see the bright-green inner bark.
6) Hyperion is the name of a redwood tree in Northern California, whose height was measured at 379.3 feet, making it the world’s tallest known living tree.
7) The Nepenthes rajah, an insectivorous plant, can trap and eat frogs, lizards, and birds.
8) The ethylene gas produces from a ripening apple and ripens other fruit as well. They provide more significant amounts that speed up the ripening process or the stage of ripening known as the “climacteric
9) The stinging brush is a plant that, when touched, causes an excruciating stinging sensation that can last anywhere from days to years. The sting is caused due to stinging hairs that contain toxic and densely covered by the leaves, stems, and fruit
10) A banana equivalent dose (BED) expresses amounts of radioactivity. A banana contains about 1% of the average daily exposure to radiation. Thirty-five million BED is fatal.
11) There are square watermelons in Japan, and other places developed to stack better in stores.
12) The usual tree is made up of almost 99% dead cells, and only around 1% cells are alive at any time, whereas the leaves, roots, and phloem a thin layer of trees under the bark is acts as a food supply system
13) The Poison Garden in England is a garden for plants that are intoxicating or poisonous.
14) The smells of fruits like green apples or bananas can help a person to lose weight.
15) In Wepion, Belgium, there is a museum just for strawberries.
16) In Australia, some bananas are naturally red and have a slight mango taste.
17) A tree of the species Pinus longaeva (Methuselah), the Great Basin bristlecone pine, was measured to be approx 5000 years old, making it the oldest known as an individual tree on the planet Earth.
18) The hottest chili pepper known to man is the Carolina Reaper, rating at 1.6 to 2.2 million SHU (Regular banana pepper rate at 900 SHU, Jalapeno at 4,000 SHU) The Carolina Reaper was known as the hottest pepper on our this planet by Guinness World Records in the year 2013.
19) There are over 7,000 different varieties of apples, though only about 12 types are commonly sold.
20) Roadside trees reduce indoor air pollution of nearby houses by more than 50%. This is the reason why it becomes so severe about planting trees, and planting is the only practical way of reducing air pollution and global warming.
21) Standing beneath a manchineel tree during rain will cause blistering of the skin, from mere contact with the rain mixed with its poisonous sap.
22) Most vanilla flavoring, a species of vanilla orchid native to Mexico.
23) More than half of the world’s food energy comes from rice, wheat, and corn. Rich in nutrients and vitamins and minerals, it an excellent source of complex carbohydrates.
24) White tea, yellow tea, green tea, oolong, Puerh tea, and black tea are all harvested from the Camellia sinensis plant.
25)The French Fries are not from France; the origins of French Fries are from Belgium, but at the time when French Fries were made, the native language which is widely spoken at that time in Belgium was French, and hence, the name derived.
26) An average size tree can provide enough food through which approximately 170,000 pencils can be produced.
27) Brazil, a country in South America, derived its name from a tree.
28) Only 25% of the flora (Plant Life) is originated in the land. The remaining 85% of plant life can be found in the oceans; this is why Oceans are so deep.
29) Bananas, which is available every month a year, is so popular and favorite too because it is considered as the happiest fruit. Did you know why? As bananas have the tryptophan chemical, which gets reacts and transforms into serotonin in the body, causing you to feel relax and increase your energy level, improve your mood, and generally make you feel happier.
30) Apple a widely eaten fruit floats on water because of the reason that it contains 25% air present in it.